Monday, April 14, 2014

Fishbowl Discussion Blog Reflections

 For Dalton Clifford:
Your participation in the fishbowl today really showed the influence of blues well. I especially enjoyed your comparisons between the blues and modern forms of music, as well as showing the influence of blues such as the blues note. I agree with you in how the evolution of blues served as a foundation for modern music. Your use of your sources made your points especially clear and easy to understand as well. I feel like I learned a lot about the blues that I never would have known without the discussion, and you definitely played a big role in it.

For Sam Johnson:
I really enjoyed your comparisons between modern day schooling and school in the 1950's. Particularly interesting to me was how much more money we spend on educating on students, but how teachers receive roughly the same salary. Like you mentioned, I think technology was a definitive part of it, and perhaps there is a greater volume of teachers teaching different things. I can't say for sure, those are just some ideas. These comparisons between past and present are very useful because they put the events into perspective. I also liked your comparison with the technologies. Overall I would say you brought a lot of strong points to the discussion and definitely helped to further our understanding of schooling in the 50's.

No comments:

Post a Comment